[Samba] idmap_ad problem and workaround

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 26 21:17:32 UTC 2016

On 26/01/16 20:44, Joe Maloney wrote:
> The DC's are running Windows Server 2012R2.  The directory itself has
> RFC2307 attributes.  The file servers are running FreeBSD with Samba
> 4.1.  These are just member servers not joined as domain controllers.
> I have tried to upgrade to samba 4.2, and samba 4.3 as a test with no
> difference.  Here is a peak at the smb4.conf via pastebin.
>
> http://pastebin.com/Ai14LREW
>
> Joe Maloney

OK, try adding these two lines:

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab

It may be that you are having kerberos problems and your tickets are
expiring, check if /etc/krb5.keytab exists, you may have to re-join the
domain member to the server.

I would also suggest you add these two lines:

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = yes

Rowland