[Samba] troubleshoot samba - Could not convert sid - problem

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 26 10:10:43 UTC 2016

On 26/01/16 00:32, ML Wong wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer, Rowland. But i don't think i have avahi-daemon
> running.
> $ sudo chkconfig --list | grep -i avahi
> $
> Any other thoughts?
>
> thanks,
> Melvin

The only other possible problem I can see is 'invalid users = root',
this is meant to be used in a share and you have it in [global].

You could also check what you have in /etc/krb5.conf and if
/etc/resolv.conf points to your AD DC. You could also check if the
firewall is running and if so, is it blocking a required port, you could
also check selinux.

Rowland