[Samba] Windows 10 administrative templates /central store with Samba

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 21 15:47:17 UTC 2016

Thanks, Louis, commented within.

On 21.01.2016 16:23, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Commented inbetween.

Will the old templates auto-magically be used for Win7 and the new ones
for Win10, or how is that working?

So it is not necessary to have separate containers (and policies) for
Win7 vs. Win10? Ok, I remember seeing things like "This will have no
effect on OS Windows Vista or newer." in the comments of Policy
settings. This speaks for a smart integration.

>> I remember that somebody here reported issues with his/her existing
>> Samba domain after having used the RSAT tools for Win10. But I am not
>> able to find this post again. Does somebody remember or is able to tell
>> how to avoid such (or other) trouble?
> [L.P.H. van Belle] There where and maybe there still are a few problems with the policies, but i think windows had this fixed no.
> If not, google the error message, solution is on the MS site, few small changes.

I particiularly remember that somebody claimed to have messed up his/her
LDAP by managing the Samba domain from Win10. So this wouldn't have
anything todo with Windows.