[Samba] Cannot write to home directory, but I can write to subfolder

Nico De Ranter nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
Thu Jan 21 10:35:34 UTC 2016

Upgraded my Debian Wheezy server to Samba 4.1.17 via wheezy-backports.  The
users hardly noticed a thing and now everything works. I'm impressed.

In case you need to do anything similar:

   echo "deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/wheezy-backports.list
   apt-get update
   apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba
   /etc/init.d/samba restart        (not sure this step is really necessary
as the upgrade probably already does that)

Done

Nico

--
Nico De Ranter