[Samba] Cannot write to home directory, but I can write to subfolder

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 21 09:35:06 UTC 2016

Hai Nico,

Did your stop samba and start samba already.
I have on one old server, also debian wheezy samba 3.6.6 about the same problem, stopping samba and starting solves it.  !! restarting samba not !!
Give it a try.

If that does not work, try the following.
Disconnect all you netwerk shares on the computer and reconnect them.
I have 1 pc here (win7 64bit) which is getting a "ghost" share.
With that i mean one user gets a drivemapping to another users folder,
When this happens, we have also the problem that this user cannot open or write any file.

So 2 thing you can tryout without rebooting the server.

Greetz,

Louis