[Samba] I cannot use full audit module after update to samba 4.3.4 on debian jessie

Rani Ahmed ranixlb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 07:54:25 UTC 2016

Whenever I activate full auditing on samba,  get the following syslog error:

* Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/vfs/full_audit.so':
/usr/local/samba/lib/private/libsamba3-util-samba4.so: version
`SAMBA_4.3.4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/vfs/full_audit.so)*

and I cannot login back again to samba unless I deactivate full auditing.

What follows are my full audit config lines:

*vfs objects = full_auditfull_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%Sfull_audit:success
= mkdir rename unlink rmdir pwritefull_audit:failure =
nonefull_audit:facility = local7full_audit:priority = NOTICE*
So would someone tell me what's going on and how to fix that? Thanks.