[Samba] [samba4] DNS updates

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:47:24 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Thank you both for these leads and explanations. Mainly they helped me to
verify my (samba's) configuration was not so bad and finally to spot that I
did not disabled SELinux correctly.

All that is still using Centos 7 and Sernet packages (4.2.7).

The point was /etc/sysconfig/selinux is a link to /etc/selinux/config,
which I did not noticed before and the deployement script I wrote replaced
that link by some file, which was stupid. I'm used to be, that's not really
a relief but...

Anyway, once SELinux was removed, once the installation process was
restarted correctly, my DC + Bind-DLZ are working.

I still need to initialize replication which does not (always? answer would
need more tests) work as is.

To initialize replication (with DC1 already up and DC2 newly added) :
1° workaround about missing DNS entries:
- samba-tool dns add DC2 <zone> DC2 A 1.2.3.4
to add local server IP into local AD (DNS) database
- samba_dnsupdate
samba_dnsupdate won't (always?) work without previous command
- samba-tool dns add DC1 <zone> DC2 A 1.2.3.4
to add local server IP into another (I aim FSMO owner) AD (DNS) database,
this to workaround replication issue

2° Force replication with samba-tool
For each part of DIT we push it from DC1 to DC2
for DIT in `ls /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/ | grep -v metadata.tdb |
sed -e s/.ldb$//`; do echo $DIT; samba-tool drs replicate dc2 dc1 $DIT ;
done

This bunch of commands is launched first on FSMO owner (DC1) and then on
newly added DC (here DC2) if showrepl still shows errors.

Error met were:
WERR_BADFILE
WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED

What's good in that? That's a script which install everything, no reall
work no for me (which is good news as I do mistake everytime) and I have to
deploy a bunch of servers. Hoping I could come back with precision or even
to tell you what was my mistake.

Cheers,

mathias