[Samba] net rpc rights list

Henry McLaughlin henry at incred.com.au
Tue Jan 19 20:48:10 UTC 2016

On 20 January 2016 at 07:08, Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:

> On 19/01/16 20:00, Henry McLaughlin wrote:
>

>> On 20 January 2016 at 06:43, Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org <mailto:
>> rpenny at samba.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 19/01/16 19:34, Henry McLaughlin wrote:
>>
>>         I have sssd configured and working with my domain member
>>         server and I now
>>         wish to grant the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege to the
>>         "MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins"
>>         group. When I execute the command it appears to disregard the
>>         domain name
>>         and grant the privileges to the group "Unix Group\domain admins"
>>
>>         net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

>>         Unix Group\domain admins
>>         No privileges assigned
>>
>>         net rpc rights grant 'MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins'
>>         SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>>         -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
>>         Successfully granted rights.
>>
>>         net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

>>         Unix Group\domain admins
>>         SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>>
>>         net rpc rights revoke 'MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins'
>>         SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>>         -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
>>         Successfully revoked rights.
>>
>>         net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

>>         Unix Group\domain admins
>>         No privileges assigned
>>

>>         Below I have completely removed the domain name from the
>>         command and still
>>         get the same outcome.
>>
>>         net rpc rights grant 'Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>>         -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:
>>         Successfully granted rights.
>>
>>         net rpc rights list accounts -U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'
>>         Enter MYDOMAIN\administrator's password:

>>         Unix Group\domain admins
>>         SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
>>
>>         Does this behaviour appear correct or am I missing something
>>         in my config
>>         that identifies the domain name?
>>

>>     I don't know, I cannot see your smb.conf from here.
>>
>>     Rowland
>>
>>     --     To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read
>> the
>>     instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>>

>> cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
>> [global]
>>     workgroup = MYDOMAIN
>>     client signing = yes
>>     client use spnego = yes
>>     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>>     realm = AD.MYDOMAIN.COM.AU <http://AD.MYDOMAIN.COM.AU>
>>     security = ads
>>
>>     rpc_server:spoolss = external
>>     rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
>>     username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
>>
>> [printers]
>>     path = /var/spool/samba/
>>     printable = yes
>>     printing = CUPS
>>

>> [Administration]
> [...]

Not sure, I'm checking with the sssd list now.

Does Samba care if the authentication is performed by sssd? Meaning if I
can the the authentication working with sssd can I still get my samba
shares working in Windows using Windows ACLs as per:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs