[Samba] Samba 4 and Windows 10 Problem.

Rodrigo Yoshioka ro_yoshioka2002 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 19 10:46:00 UTC 2016

Hi Louis
I'll try your configuration too..
Thanks.

 RODRIGO YOSHIOKA

    Em Terça-feira, 19 de Janeiro de 2016 8:37, L. P. H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl> escreveu:

 For my home server i did it like this.

Share \\server\backups

[backups]
    path = /media/sambashares/backups
    read only = No

by default everybody had full control on the share.
Rights on the folder are 777
In this share/folder i have proctect folders.
Like :
/media/sambashares/backups/louis
/media/sambashares/backups/mywife

I created a linux user with the same name as i use in windows.
/media/sambashares/backups/louis  is set louis:users 700

Now everybody can write/create in the backup folder, but cannot access my own folder.

My important settings:

  security = user
  guest ok = yes
  map to guest = bad password

dont forget to use : smbpasswd -a (and -e )

on other shares, i use
force user = other_username  ( a existing local linux user )
force group = other_group    ( a existing local linux user )

so i have "open" server, but protected a few folders.

Works for me on Ubuntu 14.04, Sernet samba 4.2.7-SerNet-Ubuntu-8.trusty

Greetz,

Louis