[Samba] Samba 4 and Windows 10 Problem.

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 19 10:12:36 UTC 2016

On 18/01/16 23:23, Rodrigo Yoshioka wrote:
> Hi...
> I'm used to configure samba 3, and now I'm getting some problems using samba 4.
> My scenario: I have a file server which hosts need to access public folders and private folders.OS: Centos7Samba version: 4.2.3  | 11.el7_2Selinux DisabledFirewalld disabled
> smb.conf[global]workgroup = WORKGROUP
> server string = Samba Server %v
> netbios name = centossecurity = usermap to guest = bad userdns proxy = no#============================ Share Definitions ==============================[Anonymous]path = /home/suporte/semsenhabrowsable =yeswritable = yesguest ok = yesread only = noguest only = yescreate mode = 0777directory mode = 0777
>
> folder permissionsdrwxrwxrwx. 2 nobody nobody 6 Jan 18 20:18 semsenha
> Of course there isn't private folders configured yet, but I couldn't make it work with just this.
> I can make it work without password if I put "guest account = root" at global area, and "root = root" at shares area, but after that Private folders doens't work.At moment I use smbpasswd, public share stop working too.
> The clients are Windows 10 without domain controller. I use Workgroup Network
>
> Can anyone help me please?
>

> Thanks.
>
> RODRIGO YOSHIOKA

You have 'workgroup = WORKGROUP' in your smb.conf, are your other
computers in the same workgroup ? if not try adding 'map untrusted to
domain'

The only other problem I could see was, you have 'writable = yes' and
'read only = no', you should probably remove one, they both mean the
same thing.

Rowland