[Samba] Samba Installation

Saurabh Shah shahsaurabh0103 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:10:16 UTC 2016

While doing samba installation I got stuck in the configuring step. The
output of ./configure gives me the following error:-

Checking for custom code
: Could not find the python development headers

/usr/src/samba-4.3.4/wscript:98: error: the configuration failed (see
'/usr/src/samba-4.3.4/bin/config.log')

My wscript file on line 98 shows:
 'conf.SAMBA_CHECK_PYTHON_HEADERS(mandatory=True)'

I have set my python version as 2.6.5 and tried to change it to 2.7.11 but
for some reason it is not showing up in ./configure outputs. So is it
showing this error due to python version 2.6.5 (not able to find python
development headers)?

How do I solve this?