[Samba] Samba installation

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 15 19:19:31 UTC 2016

On 15/01/16 19:11, Saurabh Shah wrote:
> I did the same thing as you shown and got rid of the above error. But
> this time while configuring this is new error:-

> Checking for custom code
> : Could not find the python development headers
> /usr/src/samba-4.3.4/wscript:98: error: the configuration failed (see
> '/usr/src/samba-4.3.4/bin/config.log')
>

> My wscript file on line 98 shows
> 'conf.SAMBA_CHECK_PYTHON_HEADERS(mandatory=True) '
>
> How do I solve this?

Did you start from a fresh install ?
All I can say is that I started with a new install and carried out the
changes to the install that I mentioned in my previous post. I did not
install anything other than the Samba default packages.

Is there anything relevant in '/usr/src/samba-4.3.4/bin/config.log'

Could you also please keep this on list.

Rowland