[Samba] problems with initial install, simple server config

Andy Smith a.smith at ldex.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 12:16:01 UTC 2016

on 2016-01-15, ROWLAND PENNY wrote:

> The error message is pretty explicit, your underlying filesystem doesn't
> understand posix ACLs. I think you have three choices here if you want
> an AD DC:

Hi Rowland,

  thanks for replying. Yes it is pretty explicit, but at this point I
haven't been allowed to specify what directories in what file systems I
want to share. What directory is it testing for posix ACLs? I can mount
UFS or configure ZFS correctly for this purpose, but I don't necessarily
want to touch my root ZFS file system.

Understood regarding provisioning, strange to include several options
that do not work tho!

thanks again, Andy.