[Samba] No Printer Connection, Samba sharing cups printer

Lukas Bockel lukas.bockel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:38:02 UTC 2016

Hello!

I'm using samba to share printers from a cups service. In the windows
explorer both printers, a network tcp/ip printer connected using a jet
direct box and a pdf printer added by the package cups-pdf, are visible and
both can be used from the cups web interface and work.

When trying to use each from the windows explorer:

The pdf printer can be printed to just fine.
The jet-direct printer replies with an error message after windows tries to
connect with:

[Window Title]
Add Printer

[Main Instruction]
Connect to Printer

[Content]
Windows couldn't connect to the printer. Check the printer name and try
again. If this is a network printer, make sure that the printer is turned
on, and that the printer address is correct.

[OK]

Only similar error I found is this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/967410

running
rpcclient localhost -Nc enumprinters

returns:

Connecting to ::1 at port 445
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=74)
got OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.2.10
got principal=not_defined_in_RFC4178 at please_ignore
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x608a8215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60088215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60088215
        flags:[0x800000]
        name:[\\LOCALHOST\PDF]
        comment:[PDF]

        flags:[0x800000]
        name:[\\LOCALHOST\]
        comment:[HP1320Duplex]

and it is as the bug reproduction says : "The "name" field show that the
printer name is missing and only the hostname appear."

( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/967410/comments/75
 below 7) )

I'm running samba version: Version 4.1.17-Debian

Can someone give me some advice how to fix this please?

Regards Bockel