[Samba] smbclient: preoblems with samba 4.3.x

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Jan 12 19:52:00 UTC 2016

Hallo, Jeremy,

Du meintest am 12.01.16:

>>> You didn't type "bt". That gets the Back Trace,
>>> which is what I need.

>> Only as screenshot - output redirection didn't work:
>>
>> http://arktur.shuttle.de/CD/Testpakete/smbclient-err.jpg

> OK, you need the debug symbols installed,

Sorry - how can I do that? Are there special steps under slackware?

Compiling with the original slackware options (without the option "--
without-ad-dc") stops with

Checking for system com_err: not found
Checking for library com_err: yes
Checking for com_right_r: ok
Checking for com_err    : ok
Checking for gnutls >= 3.0.0s                   : not found
Checking for gnutls >= 1.4.0 and broken versions: not found
/tmp/samba-4.3.2/source4/lib/tls/wscript:37: error: Building the AD DC
    requires GnuTLS (eg libgnutls-dev, gnutls-devel)
    for ldaps:// support and for the BackupKey protocol
WAF_MAKE=1 python ./buildtools/bin/waf build
Project not configured (run 'waf configure' first)
make: *** [all] Error 1
WAF_MAKE=1 python ./buildtools/bin/waf build
Project not configured (run 'waf configure' first)
make: *** [all] Error 1

I've installed the packet "gnutls-3.4.4.1" which contains (among other
files) libgnutls.so.30.3.0 and libgnutlsxx.so.28.1.0.
They are symlinked resp. to libgnutls.so and libgnutlsxx.so.

Adding the configure option "--enable-gnutls" changes none of these last
messages.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut