[Samba] Access Samba4 ldap

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 11 18:49:39 UTC 2016

On 11/01/16 18:28, João wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some doubts about how to manage Samba4 LDAP.
>
> I'm trying to access with LdapAdmin, but i don't know the default user and
> password. Have a way to access internal ldap with LdapAdmin or other tool?

How did you provision ? If you provisioned interactively, you usually
get asked for a password for the Administrator, this is the password you
need and 'Administrator' is the user.

I wouldn't use ldapadmin (I take it you mean phpldapadmin), last time I
tried it, it didn't work very well, you could try LAM (ldap account
manager) or apache directory studio. There is also Samba's own program
'samba-tool' and if you can also use the ldb-tools or ldaptools.

Finally, if all else fails, there is ADUC on a windows machine.

Rowland