[Samba] Samba AD with Microsoft Account

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz caskater47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:24:22 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've just set up my first samba server as a primary Active Directory domain
controller. Everything seems to be working just fine. I've joined the
domain with two Windows 10 machines and are able to log in successfully
using the domain credentials. However, when I go to add a Microsoft Account
to a domain profile I find I am unable to. After entering my login
information nothing happens.

Looking at the MS documentation there should be a rule in policy manager
for "Block Microsoft accounts." I found it my local policy manager and made
sure to set it to disabled but that doesn't seem to help. Is this a known
issue? Is there a domain policy I need to modify?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Philippe