[Samba] Provisioning AD DC, MS-AD_Schema_2K8_R2_Attributes.txt Not found

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 10 22:05:58 UTC 2016

On 10/01/16 21:47, IT Admin wrote:
> I ran apt-get remove --purge samba.
>
> What is the proper procedure to remove it?
>
> I've moved past this particular error by copying the files to that location
> but have hit a new snag, how do I completely wipe out all traces of the old
> packages?

You don't actually have to remove the distro packages, you just have to
ensure that the compiled binaries etc are found first, see my earlier post.

If you want to use winbind in /etc/nsswitch.conf, you will need to
delete the libnss_winbind files and create new links, see here for info:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Libnss_winbind_links

Rowland