[Samba] samba4 as ADS member: some users visible, others not

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Jan 7 23:17:23 UTC 2016

Am 2016-01-07 um 17:18 schrieb Rowland penny:
> On 07/01/16 15:54, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> I could really need some help with this ....
>>
>> -> still problems here
>>

> OK, you have lines like this:
>
> valid users = CUSTOMER\sgw CUSTOMER\fhäu @CUSTOMER\edv
>
> You also have this line:
>
>     winbind use default domain = Yes
>
> This means you don't have to use the domain name in this case, try this
> instead:
>
> valid users = sgw fhäu @edv
>
> Also, if you run 'getent passwd sgw' or 'getent passwd fhäu' or 'getent
> group edv', do you get anything ?
>
> This is somewhere to start.

thanks for the suggestion.
I already tried to simplify the "valid users" today.

Maybe the problems are related to the fact that there is one main
ADS-domain and another trusted one. Is that setup supported by samba in
general?

wbinfo and getent show users of both domains.

I will get back with more as soon as I get feedback from the admin
there, he tests the changes in place.