[Samba] Samba over slow connections

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 7 15:37:02 UTC 2016

Am 07.01.2016 um 14:24 schrieb Sébastien Le Ray:
> If I understand all of these correctly, you're basically cutting down
> all TCP buffers to improve TCP session responsiveness (autotuning
> settings are already set to 1). Wouldn't this configuration sensibly
> decrease throughput for LAN users?

in theory yes, in reality we have with Samba up to 700 Mbit which is OK

i decided for most servers that lowered latency benefits more than
throughput because the throughput is well enough while the behavior over
slow links like VPN on a mobile-device as uplink becomes much better,
not only for samba - for http the same