[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 7 10:48:01 UTC 2016

Please don't post any sensitive information - even if I forget
sanitizing it.

This is probably the reason behind it: Our corporate DNS servers hold
info about our machines. This works together with DHCP. By registering
the machines I simply prevent any IP conflicts. My domain DNS has
nothing to do with it. In my domain members (Win clients and Linux
servers) only my DCs are set as DNS servers and these members don't use
DHCP.

Within my subnet, I get exactly the same as Rowland reported below.

Ole