[Samba] Cannot remove symlink with missing target

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 6 19:35:38 UTC 2016

On 06/01/16 19:17, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.01.2016 um 20:10 schrieb Jeremy Allison:

>>> well, the latest 4.1.x is 4.1.22 according to
>>> https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/
>>
>> No, latest Samba is : 4.3.3 security release.
>
> i know that by running samba-4.3.3-0.fc23.x86_64
> but i talked about the minor version of 4.1.x
>
>> We also released 4.2.7, 4.1.22 at the same time
>
> so 4.1.x is supported and Synology as nearly any other commercial
> "blackbox builder" don't care about updates

The OP has just confirmed that he has only altered the smb.conf
indirectly via the synology interface, yet there are multiple lines in
his smb .conf *that do not appear in man smb.conf*. I get the feeling
that synology has heavily patched their version of Samba and who knows
what they have done?
I suggested that he approached synology for help, it still may be the
best thing to do, unless Jeremy has access to what synology has done to
Samba.

Rowland