[Samba] Cannot remove symlink with missing target

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jan 6 18:58:32 UTC 2016

Am 06.01.2016 um 19:35 schrieb Andreas Maier:
> Am 06.01.2016 um 19:28 schrieb Jeremy Allison:
>> Can't reproduce this on latest 4.3.x (and I just tried). We did have
>> such a bug, but I remember fixing it :-). What Samba version is
>> running on the Synology ?
>
> Jeremy,
> The smbd version is 4.1.18, according to the NOS value shown in
> /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData on the client side, and according to "smbd -V"
> on the server side.
>
> I have no control over the samba level on the server side (other than
> upgrading the Synology firmware). So if this has been fixed in a version
> after 4.1.18, it would be good to know for sure, then I can create a
> request for Synology to upgrade their included samba version

well, the latest 4.1.x is 4.1.22 according to
https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/

"i have no control" is the reason why i no longer use any blackbox, be
it a "NAS" or "homerouter" and just install what i need on my own
hardware and reading security news and about long fixed issues that's a
wise decision