[Samba] Cannot remove symlink with missing target

Andreas Maier andreas.r.maier at gmx.de
Wed Jan 6 18:35:09 UTC 2016

Am 06.01.2016 um 19:28 schrieb Jeremy Allison:
> Can't reproduce this on latest 4.3.x (and I just tried). We did have
> such a bug, but I remember fixing it :-). What Samba version is
> running on the Synology ?

Jeremy,
The smbd version is 4.1.18, according to the NOS value shown in
/proc/fs/cifs/DebugData on the client side, and according to "smbd -V"
on the server side.

I have no control over the samba level on the server side (other than
upgrading the Synology firmware). So if this has been fixed in a version
after 4.1.18, it would be good to know for sure, then I can create a
request for Synology to upgrade their included samba version.

Andy