[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jan 5 12:41:06 UTC 2016

For the member servers, to reduce timeouts etc when one DC is down.

Change your resolv.conf to :
domain internal.domain.tld
search internal.domain.tld

nameserver IP_DC1
nameserver IP_DC2

options timeout:2
options attempts:2
options rotate
options edns0

see man resolv.conf for the options explained.

Ow.. and ..

domain and search are NOT exclusive anymore in Debian Jessie and up.
At least, i didnt find it anymore.

Greetz,

Louis