[Samba] Please review my smb.conf

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jan 2 20:27:22 UTC 2016

On 02/01/16 20:18, DavidA wrote:
> Hi Rowland
>
> Thanks for your review. I will check all the points you raise, but one
> I do not understand is:
>
> "do all machines have the same dns domain name?"
>
> What is the dns domain name in the context of a NetBios workgroup?
> The only dns I am aware of is the one provided by my ISP, and that
> won't be relevant I think.
>
> Best regards
>
> David

You can set the dns domain name on a windows PC, You no doubt have set
the domain name on the Samba server (just a thought, you have given the
Samba server a fixed ipaddress, hostname and domain name, haven't you
?). If your windows PCs have a different or no domain name, this could
be a problem.

Rowland