[Samba] Slow file listing : Debian Wheezy, Samba Version 3.6.6

Mattias Zhabinskiy mattiasz at thinklogical.com
Mon Feb 29 18:58:37 UTC 2016

Hello Richard,

Not sure if it applies to your particular case, but I would try following. In windows explorer please right click on the mapped drive, select Properties, click on Customize tab and make sure that option "Optimize this folder for:" is set to "General Items", otherwise select it, check "Also apply this template to all subfolders" and click Apply.

Also, you may want to disable "Show pop-up descriptions for folders and desktop items" in windows explorer.

Regards,
Matt