[Samba] Slow file listing : Debian Wheezy, Samba Version 3.6.6

Richard support at ritech.com.au
Sun Feb 28 22:03:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I manage quite a few boxes that are identical in OS and Samba version.
(Debian Wheezy, Samba version 3.6.6)

I have one box, where each time you open windows explorer and click on
the mapped network share, a line moves across the top of explorer and it
takes around 30-40 seconds to display the directory listing.

Once it has done this once, it is quick thereafter, until you close
explorer and open it again later, then it is slow again.

Can anyone give me some direction on where to search for the cause of
this issue please ?

--
Best Regards,

Richard Hatherly