[Samba] OS X needs read to write?

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Fri Feb 26 22:25:45 UTC 2016

I set up some samba shares to send audit logs to.  I wanted anyone on
the machine sending logs to be able to write only, so they can't read,
modify, delete, etc.  I got that working just fine for Windows and
Linux, but Macs wouldn't write unless the read bit was set.  Anyone know
anything about that? :-)  Macs are 10.10.5 "Yosemite", and the samba
server is CentOS 6.7 with the samba 3.6.23 it comes with.