[Samba] Samba 4.1.17-Debian as ADS member

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Feb 24 13:28:52 UTC 2016

Am 2016-02-24 um 14:15 schrieb Sketch:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>
>> I set up a test VM now, same OS and software, with
>>
>>     idmap config CUST:range = 10000-99999
>>     idmap config CUST:backend = rid
>>     idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>>     idmap config * : backend = tdb
>>
>> This *seems* to work fine now there with some test-shares ... is it
>> correct in general terms?
>
> idmap_rid should be fine as long as you don't need trusted domains.
> Even still, I assume you could use it on your local domain and use other
> idmap methods for a trusted domain if that was ever necessary.

oh my. we have one additional trusted domain there :-(

They started a new domain years ago and never finished migration, so 2
incomplete domains in parallel.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the testbox displays users of both
these domains with wbinfo -u.

But the trusted domain misses in getent passwd