[Samba] Samba 4.1.17-Debian as ADS member

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Feb 24 12:57:06 UTC 2016

Am 2016-02-24 um 13:44 schrieb Sketch:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> [snip]
>>     idmap config CUST:range = 10000-99999
>>     idmap config CUST:backend = ad
>>     idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>>     idmap config * : backend = tdb
>
> If your idmap backend is ad, you need to assign your users uids (and
> gids for groups) in active directory.  You don't mention if you did that
> or not.  Only users/groups with uids/gids will get mapped to linux users.

In fact I didn't have any idmap-related lines in there before the
problems arised today. It worked so far!

Using "ad" backend was a step in panic today ... without any mapping, right!

I set up a test VM now, same OS and software, with

[global]
	workgroup = CUST
	realm = MABCD.CUST
	security = ADS
	load printers = No
	printcap name = /dev/null
	disable spoolss = Yes
	template homedir = /home/%U
	template shell = /sbin/bash
	winbind enum users = Yes
	winbind enum groups = Yes
	winbind use default domain = Yes
	winbind refresh tickets = Yes
	idmap config CUST:range = 10000-99999
	idmap config CUST:backend = rid
	idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	printing = bsd
	print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
	lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
	lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j

This *seems* to work fine now there with some test-shares ... is it
correct in general terms?

If yes, I would take this config to the production server then later
this evening.

Thanks!