[Samba] Info

Oskar Perger oskar.perger at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:20:26 UTC 2016

Hi
I am running samba 4 on debian jessie. The ad directory controller is
running and i can login whit oser accounts but i cant manage them from RSAT
on Windows 10. It says "the server is not operational". After that i have
changed the dns in the network settings of the client and it works
partialy, i can open the user management but i cant change anything.. I
have read about problems in dns configuration, becaus of that i checked the
settings on myopenwrt router and adjusted them. Now nslookup on my domain
works but the error remains... Whats the problem?

The domain on the router, wich have dns resolution is
"danger.zone"
my server is
"c3po.danger.zone"
The router resolves other clients like voip.danger.zone or r2d2.danger.zone
ecc..
do i need to add a subdomain like "high.danger.zone" and cal the server
"c3po.high.danger.zone" or does it work whit that settings..
I have tried to forvard the dns requests to the server in order to disable
the openwrt dns but the error remains...

here some settings
hosts file
192.168.1.10    c3po.danger.zone        c3po

resolv.conf
search danger.zone
nameserver 192.168.1.10

smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = DANGER
        realm = DANGER.ZONE
        netbios name = C3PO
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb
        dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6,
backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/danger.zone/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No