[Samba] Kerberos Principal

David Thompson david at digitaltransitions.ca
Mon Feb 22 17:58:59 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I’m looking to add in a kerberos principal on my server for the AD domain.

I see there are ways to do this for user(s), but I don’t see how to add a principal for hosts.

In general, I’ld like to add something like the following to me 4.3.4 Domain:

ktpass -princ afpserver/fqdn at REALM -mapuser mapuser at domain +rndPass -out afpserver.keytab

This is for a netatalk server. I’ve never had to add a principal to my samba, so I’d just like come clarification as this is for a host and not a user.

what would the 'samba-tool spn add …’ syntax look like in order to add in a host principal

Thanks,

_ _

DT