[Samba] Windows 10 - samba domain

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 22 09:33:43 UTC 2016

On 22/02/16 08:58, Oskar Perger wrote:
> Hi
> I have set up a domain using samba-tool on debian jessie. It seems to work,
> i cant administrate from terminal whit samba-tool and from winxp, but if i
> join whit win10 i have much trouble.
> I cant change password, i cant add users....
> Someone knows whats the problem?
>
> /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [global]
>          workgroup = LAN
>          realm = lan.local
>          netbios name = C3PO
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          dns forwarder = 192.168.1.1
>
> [netlogon]
>          path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/lan.local/scripts
>          read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>          path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>          read only = No
>
> [shared]
>          comment = Shared Folder
>          path = /media/shared
>          read only = No
>          directory mask = 0770
>          create mask = 0770
>
> [Users]
>          directory_mode : parameter = 0700
>          read only = no
>          path = /media/users
>          csc policy = documents
>
> /etc/hosts:
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 127.0.1.1       c3po.lan        c3po
> 192.168.1.10    c3po.lan.local  c3po
>
> /etc/krb5.conf:
> [libdefaults]
>          default_realm = LAN.LOCAL
>          dns_lookup_realm = true
>          dns_lookup_kdc = true

Is this Ubuntu ?
Is your dns domain really 'lan.local' ?
If so, did you miss that it is a bad idea to use .local ?
If you are really using a .local dns name, turn off Avihi.
Next, stop Network-Manager using dnsmasq (open up its conf file and
comment out 'dnsmasq', then restart network-manager)
Now remove the '127.0.1.1' line from /etc/hosts
Change (in /etc/krb5.conf) 'dns_lookup_realm = true' to
'dns_lookup_realm = false'

See if that helps for a start.

Rowland