[Samba] AD Controller + File Server + Unix Logins one 1 machine

Max Baker max at warped.org
Fri Feb 19 16:48:48 UTC 2016

Hi Sambassadors,

I would like to setup one machine that acts as AD Controller, File
Server, DNS, and DHCP servers.   I have read the warning against having
AD Controller + File Server on the same machine and those are
understood.  This is for a very small environment, so I'm ok with the
single point of failure.

That said,  I have the AD Controller setup and tested (Very cool!) I've
joined a windows machine to the domain and have the home directories
setup to autocreate and mount.  This is using Ubuntu 14LTS.  I have
compiled and installed into the /usr prefix using the ./configure
settings found in the debian packaging files, and so far it seems to be
happy.

Well almost...

1. I am seeing a "Unwilling to Perform" error from ADUC when assigning a
GUID to the group "Domain Users".   I'm not sure if this is a real
problem or not