[Samba] Gpo issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Feb 18 15:19:49 UTC 2016

Hai Sam.

Ah, but that is not error.   ;-)

Thas a design flaw or missing some knowledge.

So. .. . ;-) have read.

Some good references i also use.

Basic needs to understand:

Group Policy Basics ? Part 1: Understanding the Structure of a GPO

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/musings_of_a_technical_tam/2012/02/13/group-policy-basics-part-1-understanding-the-structure-of-a-group-policy-object/

Group Policy Basics ? Part 2: Understanding Which GPOs to Apply

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/musings_of_a_technical_tam/2012/02/15/group-policy-basics-part-2-understanding-which-gpos-to-apply/

for a quick start to fix your problem.

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-server-2008/Top-10-Reasons-Why-Group-Policy-Fails-to-Apply-Part1.html

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-server-2008/Top-10-Reasons-Why-Group-Policy-Fails-to-Apply-Part2.html

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-server-2008/Top-10-Reasons-Why-Group-Policy-Fails-to-Apply-Part3.html

and yes, its worth the read.

I had some flaws also, and after reading all above i've fixed my flaws.

There is no direct fix to explain because no network is the same.

I'll think you manage it.

Greetz,

Louis