[Samba] Password changes and syncing passwords with Linux accounts

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 18:04:08 UTC 2016

On 16/02/16 16:49, Rowland penny wrote:
> OK, so you do have two users, why I do not know, I would suggest you
> delete the user NUMBER37chris with:
>
> samba-tool user delete NUMBER37chris

Failed with

ERROR(exception): Failed to remove user "NUMBER37chris" - Unable to find
user "NUMBER37chris"

but I managed with

samba-tool user delete "NUMBER37\chris"

However, as soon as I logged in via ssh the account was recreated

> If you have any lines in smb.conf for creating users & groups, I would
> suggest you remove them.

I don't have any such lines. Could it be this in the PAM config that is
causing the problem:

auth    optional            pam_smbpass.so migrate

Thanks

Chris