[Samba] Usiing SID's in Linux? Is it possible?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 23:11:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:

> On 15/02/16 15:33, Jeff Sadowski wrote:
>
>> I would like to be able to use SID's in linux
>>

> No you cannot use SIDs on linux.
>
> so as to have ACL's identical
>> to windows.
>>

> But you should be able to get ACLs to work on Linux.

When mounted as cifs I can get and set ACLs using getcifsacl and setcifsacl
When mounting an ntfs drive getcifsacl fails and getfacl doesn't show what
I'd expect setfacl works but only with what you'd expect from getfacl when
viewing the acl in windows I see a strange sid.
The ACL's written from linux don't have the SID's where as the ones written
from windows do.