[Samba] Problems after migration from samba 3.5.2 to samba 4.3.1

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 15 18:43:16 UTC 2016

On 15/02/16 17:22, Fernando Favero wrote:
> My smb.conf files.
> The OS is a CentOS 7
>
> DC Server 1
> -------------------------------
> [global]
>          workgroup = EXAMPLE.COM
>          realm = campus.example.com
>          netbios name = DC-SERVER1
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>          dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
>          dsdb:schema update allowed = true
>          winbind max clients = 2000
>          bind interfaces only = yes
>          interfaces = eth0
>
>          log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>          log level = 1
>
> [netlogon]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/campus.example.com/scripts
>          read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>          read only = No
>

> DC Server 2
> -------------------------------
> [global]
>          workgroup = EXAMPLE.COM
>          realm = campus.example.com
>          netbios name = DC-SERVER2
>          server role = active directory domain controller
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>          dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
>          dsdb:schema update allowed = true
>          winbind max clients = 2000
>          bind interfaces only = yes
>          interfaces = eth0
>
>          log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>          log level = 1
>
> [netlogon]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/campus.example.com/scripts
>          read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>          path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>          read only = No
>

> FileServer1
> -------------------------------
> [global]
>          netbios name = FileServer1
>          server string = FileServer1
>          security = ADS
>          workgroup = EXAMPLE.COM
>          realm = CAMPUS.EXAMPLE.COM
>          bind interfaces only = yes
>          interfaces = lo eth0
>          winbind request timeout = 90
>
>          log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>          log level = 1
>
>          dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>          kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>          winbind refresh tickets = yes
>          winbind max clients = 2000
>
>          winbind trusted domains only = no
>          winbind use default domain = yes
>          winbind enum users  = yes
>          winbind enum groups = yes
>
>          idmap config *:backend = tdb
>          idmap config *:range = 1000-50000
>
>          vfs objects = acl_xattr
>          map acl inherit = yes
>          store dos attributes = yes
>          acl allow execute always = true
>

> FileServer2
> -------------------------------
> [global]
>          netbios name = FileServer2
>          server string = FileServer2
>          security = ADS
> [...]

OK, two things jump out at me, I wouldn't use 'EXAMPLE.COM' for the
workgroup name, I would have just used 'EXAMPLE' i.e. no dot in the name.

Your idmap config stack is incorrect, you only have settings for the
builtin users & groups, see here for how you should set it up:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member

Follow the links on that page for the correct settings.

Rowland