[Samba] Problems after migration from samba 3.5.2 to samba 4.3.1

Fernando Favero favero.fernando at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:40:23 UTC 2016

Hello,

3 months ago, I migrated my domain from samba 3.5.2 (NT4 with LDAP) to
samba 4.3.1 (compiled from source) following classic upgrade instructions
on wiki page. The samba 4.3.1 is using Samba Internal DNS.

20.000 users and 2.800 computers were migrated.

After the migration process, I joined 1 new DC server and 2 File Servers to
domain.

All users can login on domain, but we have some issues.

1 – “wbinfo -u” doesn't show users, but “wbinfo -g” show groups normally

2 – On DC servers, samba process listen ports 135 and 1024 is using 100% of
CPU

3 – On DC servers, samba process listen ports 464 and 88 are using ~ 50% of
CPU

4 – On File Servers, run a “ls -l” on directories with user/groups
permissions from domain is very slow

5 – Sometimes, file servers lost connections to winbind process.

wbinfo -t

checking the trust secret for domain UEL.BR via RPC calls failed

failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_WINBIND_NOT_AVAILABLE

Could not check secret

I have tried to find wath is wrong, but not found the solution yet.

Can someone help me ?