[Samba] AD Group lost from Winbind

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 12 08:20:44 UTC 2016

Ok, im having this :

DC's
Debian Wheezy 7.9, sernet samba 4.2.8

Member servers.
Debian Jessie samba 4.1.17 ( fileserver )
Debian Jessie samba 4.2.7  ( print server )
	This one isnt updated yet with latest updates.

  samba sernet-samba sernet-samba-client sernet-samba-common sernet-samba-libs sernet-samba-libsmbclient0 sernet-samba-winbind
  krb5-locales krb5-user libgssapi-krb5-2 libgssrpc4 libk5crypto3 libkadm5clnt-mit9 libkadm5srv-mit9 libkdb5-7 libkrb5-3 libkrb5support0 libtiff5

on this one all id's are still correct.

Thanks, Daniel Müller, for your addition..

This is really a big problem.. what happend her in the samba code?
I've looked at the change log, but cant seen any related to this.

So if anyone DEVS ? know what happend here in the samba code.
As far as i now know i have to.
Re-assign all my  uid / gids on all users / groups, with other id's, omg wat a hell...
And fix all idmaps on all servers.. pff. ... really no other fix ?

There goes my weekend...

Greetz,

Louis