[Samba] (Samba 4) Recreate AD

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:43:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

Using VM helps: you can detroy them then re-create them easily. Looks like
you are not using them...

How I proceed:
1° stop samba
2° rm -rf /var/lib/samba (where private and sysvol directories are)
3° force reinstall of packages, one only is needed to recreate
/var/lib/samba and its content (samba-common with my version of Samba).
4° you could also remove /etc/samba/smb.conf and /etc/krb5.conf if you
don't like them (which should be the case when renaming the domain)

Cheers,

mathias