[Samba] Samba 3.2 and Windows 10

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Feb 5 13:41:00 UTC 2016

Hallo, ZeroUno,

Du meintest am 05.02.16:

> Now my question, to which I cannot easily find an answer on Google,
> is: if a client is upgraded to Windows 10, will it still work with
> that old Samba version?

May be - Samba 3.6 does the job.

You need some changes in the registry of the Windows client.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;; Domain Compatibility Mode and DNS Name Resolution
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Parameters]
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001

;; Hardened Paths to access Netlogon Directory
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkProvider\HardenedPaths]
"\\\\*\\netlogon"="RequireMutualAuthentication=0,RequireIntegrity=0,RequirePrivacy=0"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkProvider\HardenedPaths]
"\\\\*\\netlogon"="RequireMutualAuthentication=0,RequireIntegrity=0,RequirePrivacy=0"

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut