[Samba] Share samba on CentOS 6.5

Nguyen Van Do (IS) nvdo at fcv.fujitsu.com
Fri Feb 5 00:44:12 UTC 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please allow me ask some things about share samba on CentOS 6.5
My case: data (excel file, linked file) of shared folder need security and not allow deleting except for owner and owning group,
My testing configuration:
    + NTFS permision:
    chmod 3775 on shared folder,
    # chmod 3777 fa
    # ll
    total 8
    drwxrwsrwt 2 fa1 fa 4096 Feb  2 12:41 fa
    + Samba permission:
[fa]
   comment = Share folder FA
   path = /home/fa
   public = no
   valid users = @fa, aa, bb #@fa= fa1, fa2
   write list = @fa, aa, bb
   force create mode = 0777
   create mask = 0777
   directory mask = 3777
   force directory mode = 3777

User fa1, fa2 often can not save some excel files, reported error “Access denied. Contact your administrator”
=> chmod -t fa –> save file normally but other user will be deleted file/folder.

My user (fa) suggest that they can full permission on folder fa, other users only append file content without deleting file/folder
=> Could we configure as this suggestion ?. I also searched on Internet about this but not yet configured.

Could you please review for me and give me advice about this case ?
Hope receive your help soon.

Thank you very much.
Best Regards,

NGUYEN VAN DO