[Samba] Google Apps Directory Sync

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Thu Feb 4 12:05:45 UTC 2016

I was wondering if anyone here had any success connecting Google Apps
Directory Sync (GADS) and Samba, or if you can confirm non-compatibility.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/106368?hl=en

 From the looks of it, it sounds promising: A Linux server component is
available, and it can allegedly connect to any LDAP server and it's a
one-way sync only, from the server to Google. Which in theory should be
fine for Samba.

It's more a curiosity than a real need for me so I won't research this
in detail myself at the moment but maybe someone could share his
experience.

Viktor

P.S. I'm pretty sure to remember that the password sync was discussed at
some point on this list but I just couldn't find any references to it
anymore.