[Samba] Mac OS X and ACL's

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 2 20:23:12 UTC 2016

Am 02.02.2016 um 21:13 schrieb David Thompson:
> I have a server that has ACL's enabled on it and the groups are set properly from the domain that are applied on top of it for the shared folders. I am running with Mac OS X 10.10.5 on the client side and am having nothing but issues with getting them to respect the ACL's set on the files.

i gave up with OSX finder and ACL's on Linux machines in 2009

a smart operating system (OSX is not of that kind) would simply try to
save or open a file and be happy if it was sucessful, Finder is caching
informations without properly understand them and blocks without ever
try to save or open something even when it would have all permissions on
the serverside

the same with Finder and Netatalk

frankly i gave up, stepped back to unix permissions, re-organized
storage strcutures so that the group has the needed permissions and the
whole share has the same permissions

"inherit permissions = yes" in smb.conf and you are fine