[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.2.8 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Feb 2 09:52:24 UTC 2016

			"No one leaves home unless home is
			 the mouth of a shark."

			 Warsan Shire

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of Samba 4.2.

Changes since 4.2.7:
--------------------

o  Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
   * BUG 11647: s3:smbd: Fix a corner case of the symlink verification.

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 11624: s3: libsmb: Correctly initialize the list head when keeping a
     list of primary followed by DFS connections.
   * BUG 11625: Reduce the memory footprint of empty string options.

o  Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
   * BUG 11400: s3:smbd/oplock: Obey kernel oplock setting when releasing
     oplocks.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 11065: vfs_fruit: Fix renaming directories with open files.
   * BUG 11347: Fix MacOS finder error 36 when copying folder to Samba.
   * BUG 11466: Fix copying files with vfs_fruit when using vfs_streams_xattr
     without stream prefix and type suffix.
   * BUG 11645: smbd: make "hide dot files" option work with "store dos
     attributes = yes".
   * BUG 11684: s3:smbd: Ignore initial allocation size for directory creation.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 11639: lib/async_req: Do not install async_connect_send_test.

o  Karolin Seeger <kseeger at samba.org>
   * BUG 11641: docs: Fix typos in man vfs_gpfs.

o  Uri Simchoni <uri at samba.org>
   * BUG 11682: smbcacls: Fix uninitialized variable.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 or later product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

	https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.2.8.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        https://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy