[Samba] "samba-tool user add" and idmap shenanigans

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Tue Feb 2 03:04:36 UTC 2016

On 02/02/16 07:30, Rowland penny wrote:
>> I'll have a look at the Sernet and see if there's any other Samba
>> > backports to Ubuntu 14.04 -- I can't be the only one facing this issue.
>> > (Probably wouldn't be hard to nick the deb sources from the upcoming
>> > Ubuntu 16.04 and re-compile them on 14.04 too.)
> There are later versions available from Sernet, but these require a
> subscription. Ubuntu relies on Debian and whilst there is a later
> version in Debian Experimental, it hasn't got any further than that.
>
> Compiling it yourself is fairly easy and it will install to
> /usr/local/samba.

Yeah, that's an option too.

At the moment I've got my desktop at home running two LXC instances, one
Ubuntu 14.04, the other 16.04 beta, and I'm grabbing sources with one
using `apt-get source` and doing builds on the other with
`dpkg-buildpackage`.

I'll be building samba-4.3.3+dfsg shortly for AMD64, and I'll happily
provide the .debs if anyone here is interested.
--
     _ ___             Stuart Longland - Systems Engineer
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619