[Samba] ADS domain member: winbind fails

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sat Dec 31 10:31:26 UTC 2016

Am 2016-12-30 um 18:31 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>> remember: server "main" was nt4-pdc ~~ and we only replaced smb.conf
>> and joined etc etc // maybe too bold? ;-)
>
> Oh definitely, you will probably have to empty /var/lib/samba and then
> let Samba fill it up again.

maybe by:

leave domain, empty /var/lib/samba, then re-install samba, then re-join?
As mentioned I had tried rm-ing /var/lib/samba already but failed at
joining then because of the missing secrets.tdb (maybe it would have
been enough to touch it, I don't know). I will try.

checked for old or duplicate samba-files, no, that seems OK