[Samba] ADS domain member: winbind fails

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Dec 30 13:49:47 UTC 2016

I think we are mixing 2 things now.

You corrected DC, thats good.

And the debian server member is the member?

Did you add in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf

TLS_REQCERT allow

Now, this part i didnt test, but should work since losts of users are missing the correct TLS settings/certificates.

This is a DEBIAN ( or Ubuntu ) setup.

apt-get install ca-certificates

echo “TLS_REQCERT allow” > /etc/ldap/ldap.conf

Locate you SAMBA CA root.

ln -s path_to_samba_TLS-CA-ROOT /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/samba-ca.crt

update-ca-certificates

done, thats it.

Do that on the debian server, reboot it and after reboot type wbinfo –u

And post /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf of that server.

Greetz,

Louis